Summertime is just around the corner and smart home owners will have to start checking up on their home’s ability to cope with the hot scorching summer. Spring is the ideal time to run seasonal maintenance so your evaporative system systems can withstand the long, hot summer and cool your home or business more efficiently.
During the hot weather season, houses with evaporative cooling systems that have been taken care of outperform those that have little or no maintenance. The payoff in energy savings and repair costs from periodic maintenance are well worth the effort, and should be at the top of the spring cleaning list. A spring maintenance session will include the following:
- Ensure that the evaporative cooler pads are cleaned or replaced.
- Check up on the pad wetting, if there are any dry spots on the pads, this will rob you of cooling and will allow hot air seeping into your home.
- Ensure that the system is putting out enough water to start with and that the water is being distributed properly so that the pads are wet at all times.
- Make sure that there is no water runoff.
- Make sure that the water level is correct for maximum cooling.
- Ensure that the V Drive system has been replaced and with the proper tension.
- Make sure that the water distribution system is clean and working properly.
- Make sure that the air delivery system is set properly and adjusted so all fittings are tight.
- Check for lose wires and hoses for proper operation.
- Check run system
All evaporative cooler manufacturers recommend for evaporative cooling units to be serviced at the beginning and end of the cooling season in order to maintain optimum performance and avoid unnecessary repair or replacement costs due to neglect.
If you have any further questions about Evaporative Cooler Spring maintenance, contact Desert Cooler Specialist today or give us a call 760-832-8737.